To celebrate the Queen’s Birthday and to do something a little different this year, instead of being on the recreation field, we invite you to Clipston’s social event of the year on the High Street.
- Join us in the village hall in the morning with your Village Show entries, all of which can be used on your table in the High street for your sumptuous picnic. Judging takes place at 10am so get your entries in early!
- Bring all your requirements for the lunchtime party, including table and chairs, but see below. Sit with friends and neighbours and have a wonderful time. The pub will be serving drinks in plastic glasses and there will be tea and cakes in the afternoon.
- Dress up in red, white and blue, optional, and children can enter the King/Queen fancy dress competition. If they would like the crowns they made earlier in the year collect them from the church after the 11am service, approx. 12pm, for 15 minutes or from 2pm - 2.15pm.
- If you’re on your own on Sunday book a place on one of Clipston’s free community tables and join in the fun. If you’re with a crowd you can hire a table for £5 with up to 6 chairs. Book early, as limited numbers. Contact Nikki 525660.
- The Street Party is also open to non-residents but please book a space via Nikki.
- This event will carry on whatever the weather in true British spirit! Please bring umbrellas and blankets or parasols and suntan cream to suit the conditions. Let’s hope for a beautiful sunny day!
Please contact your street rep if you need any more information via the recreation field email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harborough Rd and The Green – Pam and Robin Hickman
Buswell Court, The Hollies and properties outside the village – Sally Gowling
Chestnut Grove – Rose Anderson
Gold St & Nobold Court – Helen Clements and Caroline Pemberton
Chapel Lane - Rosemary Tyson
Pegs Lane - Maggie Oldershaw
Naseby Rd & Marecroft – Liz and Martin Clarke
High St – Sam Rastogi
Church Lane – Dave Wilford
Church Close – Julia Blake
Bassett Way – Hannah Eveleigh
Kelmarsh and Weskers Close –Stephen Woodgate and Mick Higgins
See you there!